Don’t miss this great opportunity!
Join the Workforce Development Compact Today and start the training before December 31st.
This is the best time to enroll someone in the PHCC Academy for the E-Learning Plumbing Apprenticeship or an HVAC class. If the class starts prior to the end of the year, you will be approved for 100% of the cost up to $1,200. After December 31st, 2022, the grant will only cover 50%.
Take a minute and complete the application and then you will be ready to submit request for funding.
Requests for funding approval must be submitted prior to the start of classes. 80% of the funds will be send up front and the other 20% will be send upon completion of the class.
JOINING THE WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT COMPACT
To access funds, an employer must first become a member of the Workforce Development Compact. This is a 2-step process.
1) Join the Compact by filling out the HAF Compact Member Application
2) Once the form is submitted, you will receive a Memorandum of Agreement. Sign and return. When the MOA is processed and accepted, you will be able to apply for funding. This whole process usually takes 1-3 days.
FUNDING FOR TRAINING PROGRAMS FOR INCUMBENT FRONTLINE WORKERS
For the purposes of this grant, a frontline worker is someone who does the core work of the company or organization. This can include those in supervisory positions if they also perform the tasks of frontline workers (for example, filling in if someone is absent).
Trainees must be:
– Paid employees of the compact member (not elected officials, volunteers, or interns)
– At least 18 years old with a high school diploma or equivalent
– Residents of Maine
This year (through December 31, 2022) the grant will cover 100% of the cost of approved training programs up to $1,200 per employee. This funding can be used for a single training or spread out over multiple trainings. To be 100% covered, training must be finished by 12/31/22.
From January 1, 2023-December 31, 2025 the grant will cover 50% of the cost of approved training programs, up to $1200 per employee.
COMMUNITY COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIPS FOR INCUMBENT FRONTLINE WORKERS
From now through December 31, 2022, compact member employees are eligible for a $425 scholarship (does not include textbooks), which can be applied to the cost of credit-bearing college courses offered by a Maine community college.
From January 1, 2023-December 31, 2025 compact member employees are eligible for up to two $212 scholarships (does not include textbooks) per semester (50% off the cost of a college course) offered by the community colleges.
Scholarship funding requests are submitted by the employee. Classes do not have to be directly related to their job.
If you have questions please reach out to Maureen O’Brien.